View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 08:42 AM   #2772
Yael Grauer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Simonds View Post
It was weird. In 5 years of traveling and training I have had 1 maybe 2 times where I felt like someone was acting odd. This was definitely the weirdest. I have really tried to not offer advice during grappling when I am on the road and that is why I asked the guy if he wanted a suggestion.

I might go to a different location tonight and tomorrow just so I don't have to deal with his ego.
I rolled with this brown belt who I actually really like, and was working really hard to pass half and she told me I was going 80% and she was only going 60%. I'm like, uh.... so? You're bigger than me and a brown belt. I mean, yeah I was using a fair amount of head pressure on the non-underhook side, but she knows how to frame on my face. She later apologized and said lower belts get to pick the pace. I think some people get upset if you even so much as score a point against them. I actually admire that tenacity and it's probably how she's gotten as good as she has (she's *so* good), but it also sometimes makes her hard to deal with.

Sorry to hijack.