View Single Post
Old 04-20-2007, 09:20 AM   #13
Derek Simonds

Great info James. I am beginning my build for an olympic distance triathlon in September.

For me running distance isn't overly taxing on my aerobic system it is hell on my tendons and ligaments. I have to build up to longer distances if I don't want to be in pain the day after the run. I ran 4 miles with my sister last weekend and it took 4 days to recover.

Allen the best advice I can give you is to go to a running store and have them help you with fitting. Doing that changed my comfort level completely. If they know what they are doing they will check you for over / under pronation and reccomend a shoe accordingly.

I weigh right at 190 and I agree with James whatever you do for training I would stay away from a light weight trainer or racing flat. My personal favorite is the asics cirrus gel. It is a nuetral shoe with good cushioning. I have 3 pairs. the other goofy thing is that I use these laces that are like bungy cords and I just slip my feet in and it adjusts the pressure accordingly. I think they are called lace locks. With laces I get hot spots on longer runs.

http://westvolusiawellness.com/
Derek Simonds is offline   Reply With Quote