View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 08:36 PM   #3
Jason Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Everett View Post
You have pretty long legs, so no matter what, you're going to have a bit more trouble than the average fellow. That being said, there are a few things I would suggest to improve the first pull:

1. Keep stretching so you can set and keep a better arch in your back right from the start and through the entire pull.

2. Engage the lats a bit better to both help extend the back and push the bar back in toward your lap.

3. Push the bar back sooner - right as it passes the knees. You're allowing a bit too much space prior to the bar's contact at the hips.

4. Squeeze the shoulder blades back and a bit up and really use the lats to push the bar back and up as you start your second pull - that will help you get the bar up into your hips better without having to bend your arms as you currently do to get that position.

Good luck
Thank you Greg! I am a proud owner of your book, and I'm always finding new points to pick up on each time I read it.

With myself being longer-legged, do you recommend any change from the standard starting position of "bar over the base of the toes"?
Jason Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote