Thread: Yael's Journal
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 09:40 PM   #62
Yael Grauer

Open mat this morning, about 90 minutes of rolling. Not as many rounds as I wanted, but the 5 or 6 guys I did work with went for more than one round and I got a lot of good pointers. My buggest problem seems to be that I'm not committing on the bottom as much as I should be when doing hip escapes, probably because it's hard and I'm unmotivated and lazy now that I know I'm not competing for a while. Probably not a good excuse. My top game is just so much better than my bottom game, and everyone knows my go-to sweeps now, so...

Food today

Breakfast: eggs and a banana
Lunch: a tuna salad I whipped up with carrots, tomatoes, avocado, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, etc. This salad sucked b/c my boyfriend keeps buying that bland tuna instead of the good kind. LOL.
Snack: after standing in the sun planting our veggie garden. smoothie with coconut milk, strawberries, blueberries and cranberries. It was pretty awful, though, I think b/c of the cranberries. New goal --> whenever eating high sugar foods, make sure they actually taste delicious
Dinner: some pork shoulder roast i made. probably not enough food, though. ugh.

We planted broccoli, kale, cabbage, tomatoes, lettuce, cilantro and parsley. Pretty exciting.

In other news, I can totally barely keep up with my life right now. Too many piddly projects. My biz coach told me I should really give up on the sucky ones to make room for better ones, but it's always hard to turn down steady work. Still, it's hard, because I've been on the go literally non-stop all day and have sooooo much more to do tomorrow, and next week is insane as well. So I need to figure something out.