View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 02:13 PM   #9
Greg Everett
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerasimos kourtis View Post
1)i have a little problem to keep the right position in second pull in snatch.is haltind deadlift from 2'' inches platform a good assistance exercise to strengthen the muscles for this position?
Yes, this is a good exercise. You can also do this exercise without letting the bar touch the floor - bring it down as close to the floor without touching as possible.

Quote:
2)because my long femur i have the bad habit sometimes to start the first pull with the toes and not with the heels(but not too much so the barbell goes forward and lose the right position to pull the bar is second pull phase).do you know any exercise which help me?also i wear the adidas shoes which havent wooden heel.this shoe makes me to pull with the toe or isnt a problem for this habit?(i read your article about technique and long leg and it was terrific.
You can do halting snatch deadlifts to the knee - focus on perfect posture and immediately shifting your weight back as you lift the bar, so that when you stop at the knee, your position and balance are correct. These don't need to be very heavy - use only a weight that allows you to do it properly.

Quote:
3)if a lifter has the habit to raise the hips faster than the legs in the beginning of the snatch/clean a good assistance exercise to strengthen lowe back and hamstring is to slowdown the barbell asnatch/clean pull and fix this problem?
Yes, doing snatches and cleans with a slow first pull will help correct the problem along wiith the halting snatch/clean deadlifts to both the knee and the hip/upper thigh.

Quote:
4)which is your opinion about snatch/clean with small weights or from 2''inches platform?is good choice for a lifter who has weak first pull?
If you're on a platform, you shouldn't also need small weights - use small weights only if you don't have a platform. If the platform is too high, you can't get into a good start position. You want to add some additional range of motion but not change the mechanics of the movement, so usually 2-4" platform is enough.

"Without a doubt the best book on the market about Olympic-style weightlifting." - Mike Burgener, USAW Senior International Coach

American Weightlifting: The Documentary
Catalyst Athletics
Performance Menu Journal
Greg Everett is offline   Reply With Quote