Thread: Yael's Journal
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 11:57 PM   #75
Yael Grauer

Okay, after my 16-hour cleaning spree (no joke) yesterday, and very little sleep, I spent the day kind of recovering. The good news is that my office is beautiful now!!! I can actually work at my desk and find things, and it feels nice in here. I even lit some Nag Champa and I have a little candle and everything. I just worked a lot today when I wasn't trying to nap. I was gonna go for a bike ride today but then it started pouring, right after I dragged the bike upstairs, too. Didn't feel up for BJJ.

I think my meltdown is pretty much over and that I'll be okay to be around humans again tomorrow, so I'm gonna go to the box gym during the day and hopefully hog the platform so I can get some cleans in. And then use the sauna.

Food today was good; some leftover beef stew and then I had chicken masala. Oh wait, but I forgot, the cauliflower was totally rotten so I made some brown rice in the rice cooker. And now it's completely gone and out of the house. I honestly would rather eat some rice than waste all that delicious sauce with all the spices, since the cauli died. Todd, on the other hand, totally can't handle rice anymore (we find out the hard way) so then I had to make him licorice peppermint tea for his stomachache. Ugh.

Anyway, we are still trying to figure out how to eat Paleo and cut back on cost of groceries, and I'm pretty fed up with the crappy produce at TJ's. I think farmers markets are gonna be the way to go, and we're going to buy another quarter share of beef once we get paid for this work project we're sharing, but I think the trick is going to be to just eat more simply instead of making complicated meals with specialty ingredients we use like once, and to use some of the veg from our garden or buy farmer's market produce, which is smaller quantities anyway even if it wasn't way cheaper, plus we need to go back to buying non-organic veg if it's in the 'clean 15,' and all that kind of stuff.

And then I get to do open mat on Saturday AM and talk to my coach about what classes I can take, etc. Working again late Fri and late Sat.

I really need to figure out what I want to work on and how to balance it all... Like I can eat really really well, or be a workaholic, or do BJJ, or get in better overall shape and work on my #s, but I can't do all 4. I can do maybe like 3. But lately it's like 1 or 2 it seems...