View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 08:07 AM   #2856
Derek Simonds

13 June 2012 Wednesday Lunch

BJJ Advanced: Good stuff with two variants of double leg takedown, 3 submissions from KOB; baseball bat with gi, spinning arm bars, clockish kind of choke. I grappled one round with our MMA coach who is a solid 235 and we fought to a draw. First time ever he hasn't got at least one sub on me during a round. Pleased with that.

14 June 2012 Thursday

Hotel Workout. Bands, 8 LB Med Ball and Push Ups. All kinds of different stuff.

15 June 2012 Friday

PC + PJ from the deck! Up to 105 X 1 X 10 on the minute. The weight is light but it felt effortless. I am able to get into the best starting position I can recall right now and that is pleasing.

Press up to 110 X 5, 120 X 3, 130 X F, 125 X 2
FS up to 120 X 5, 170 X 5, 175 X 3
P/U 5 X 4

Lots of travel not the right amount of sleep and stress are a challenge right now. I seem to still be making good progress physically.

I weighed in this morning at 192.00. This is the strongest my upper body has ever been at this weight. I feel good about where I am headed with my lower body but I am not where I need to be. I think I have another 3-5 lb's of fat to lose and then I will decide what weight I want to walk around at.
What we think, or what we know, or what we believe, is in the end, of little consequence. The only thing of consequence is what we do. -John Ruskin
Derek Simonds is offline   Reply With Quote