View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 08:32 AM   #2859
Derek Simonds

16 June 2012 Saturday

Another day of medley work in the garage. Just having fun with one of my friends that is in town visiting. Highlights included:

Working up to 70 X 5 X 3 DB Incline Bench
Up to Chin Up + 50 LB
36" Box Jump X 3
Power Snatch up to 95 X 1 X 10

Then off to BJJ All Levels. Had a great class worked some cool half guard stuff then finished with 2 six minute round matches. I worked on all kinds of stuff and was good and smoked when we left.

Saturday evening was a pirate themed scavenger hunt in our downtown area. Tracy and I dressed up and ended up winning best costume of the night. Now I am not a fool and I know that Tracy won it but it was for a couple so they included me...

19 June 2012 Monday PM

BJJ Drilling: Drilled with Rich for 30 minutes focusing on open guard. 3 on 1 off switch positions.

MMA: I think I mentioned it but I was asked to help with our MMA team by designing some workouts for the conditioning portion of the class. Here was last nights.

40 Seconds on 30 Seconds off X 2 rounds of AMRAP
2 X 10 LB Plate Pinch Full Raises
Ring Rows
Ground and Pound on the dummy
20" Box Jumps
Plank with feet on a swiss ball
25 LB Plate OH Lunges forward and backward

I think the average was right around 80 reps per round. It wasn't overly difficult but I think it hit the main parts we were looking for. Wednesday night is FGmostly B.
What we think, or what we know, or what we believe, is in the end, of little consequence. The only thing of consequence is what we do. -John Ruskin
Derek Simonds is offline   Reply With Quote