Thread: Yael's Journal
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 07:06 PM   #103
Yael Grauer

Just finished 4 insane days of MovNat today. It was really nice. I am totally beat, though. I think I learned more this week than I have in the past year or so about movement and areas I'm weak at and need work, as well as having some really amazing improvement in a short amount of time. The whole thing was pretty damn humbling, but also really empowering. I was kind of surprised at which skills I could do today that I didn't think I'd be able to (like crawling on a beam, which I really struggled with from the get-go, because I lack sufficient hip stability in contralateral movements). Got to work one-on-one with Erwan on my running and jumping over the past couple of days... We did SO MUCH work... It was pretty amazing, and I came home with a few things I really want to spend some time working on... I was also really impressed with their progressions and the way they teach people how to coach. Anyway, this will be a PM article so people can read more about it then.

Between my broken car and my broken dryer and giving people rides and emergency deadlines and the training, I'm pretty damn beat. I haven't slept more than 5 hours a night for the past 2 weeks. Gonna take a few days to recover while I get the car fixed and then go from there.