Thread: Yael's Journal
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 06:35 AM   #105
Yael Grauer

We did have an article Ryan Atkins wrote about a shorter MovNat class he attended. I really enjoyed it... it had a different quality to it than other courses I'd been to, and I don't know if I believe in body memory as much as some people do, but once you can jump and land softly or run quietly... it definitely feels different and beautiful... I think I want more of that in my training, and I can also incorporate some of it into drills we have to do at BJJ in addition to practicing it on my own.

I'm pretty much obsessed with sending in videos for the 3 tests I didn't pass, and 2 of them I think I can get right away, but I'll be working with Dan Baruch on the leg swing. Erwan said it wasn't a strength thing for me, but a skill thing, and since pullups have always been my Kryptonite, I think I'll feel better once I can get myself over a bar, and 3 months is plenty of time.

And yeah, it's been so frantic lately! It's not all bad, just stressful. I finally slept for 9 hours last night and almost feel human again.

Started on Paleo again yesterday. I was mostly Paleo during the course, though I did have some oatmeal for breakfast one day and had some coffee drinks which had sugar, etc. just to stay awake. I honestly think I do better with non-Paleo carbs than not enough carbs on days I'm super stressed out (physically or mentally), and I didn't have canned yams or anything at my disposal.

One day I just wanted to keep practicing during lunch and also it took me a couple days to trust driving the Jeep Patriot I rented (smallest thing they had) because I didn't trust the mirror on the side, and someone asked me why I wasn't eating lunch and I said I was intermittent fasting. LOL.

Anyway, so now I have 3 new movement-based goals, and I want to start incorporating a little bit of MovNat skills in my training to get better at the ones I can already do (and work on them with Todd, who will love them I think.)

I'm still not sure if I want to compete in BJJ in August or not. Honestly my BJJ goal is to get another stripe. But first I need to get my car fixed...