Thread: Yael's Journal
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 10:33 PM   #123
Yael Grauer

Okay, so I got an adequate amount of sleep and got back on track today.

Breakfast: blueberries plus 2 eggs and 2 slices of bacon. really late breakfast.
Lunch: actually, I went to a cafe. but!! i got tea instead of chai! and no cookies! lol.
Dinner: fish and asparagus. also a post-workout banana.

2 weeks with fish oil so far and starting on Monday in addition to the fish oil I'm going to make sure all of my starchy carbs are post-workout.

Workout #1 was the last day of the first week of our rings program

top position holds: 3 sets X up to 30 seconds (mine were more like 10-15 and my rings were not turned out yet)

front scale--starting at 90 degrees and then lowering a bit to make sure I could maintain form. 3 sets of 10 seconds per leg

hollow body push-ups 2 X 5. we were supposed to hold in each position, but just doing the thing is hard enough

reverse row sit-backs: 2 X 5.

hollow body hold: 3 X 30 seconds.

Workout #2 was about an hour of open mat. Lots of rolls in, I think 6 or 7. One of my coaches was telling people who to roll with, which was annoying because I'd find someone to roll with and then he'd re-pair us up. I think it was to get people to roll with this newer girl who was there, but she was getting so exhausted because he kept sending people over. Eventually I just asked him if I was allowed to ask someone to roll and he said it was fine but I think I pissed him off. One of my teammates told me I just have a problem with authority. I think it's more that I have a problem with authority when they don't have their finger on the pulse... The guy was sending person after person to roll with someone who needed a break, and some of the people he put me with I wouldn't have chosen to roll with (including a spazzy white belt, who I'm not even supposed to roll with according to our head coach) so it seemed more random than anything. But it ended up being okay and I got to roll with everyone I wanted to roll with, just in a different order, though I guess it's annoying to have the one class I can go to with some semblance of autonomy turn into something different.

Game-wise, still focusing on guard recovery, my weak area. Landed a bunch of subs today, which felt good, though my armbars are still sloppy. I am still trying to work the moves from high mount we learned on Wed, but no luck yet.