Thread: Allen's Journal
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 11:58 AM   #1485
Allen Yeh

Still alive!

I'm going to start updating my log again, the past few months have been pretty crazy but I've been able to train at least 3-4 times a week the past few months. The majority of the training has been following Poliquin's principles geared towards fat loss. 4 weeks of full body split tempo driven supersets. 1 week deload then 4 weeks of bodypart tempo driven supersets/giant sets. I was pretty pleased with my results total weight lost was very minimal but bodyfat lost wasn't. Training with 4 or 5 second eccentric is much different than I've done in years, it was refreshing. Didn't think about increasing lifts..none of that.

These next few weeks I'll be using Defranco's Washed Up meathead template I did a testing day on 7/12.
deadlift - 360 - Tried 375 and missed, no belt used, about 1 year ago I pulled 405 for the first time, so it's about 10% loss but I'm ok with that because I haven't pulled heavy in at least 4 or 5 months since I hurt my left bicep.
bench press - 230 - didn't even try 245, which I did about a 9 months ago. So less than a 5% drop and I haven't benched heavy in 4 to 5 months.
chin-ups - 14 nice strict chins - less than I got using a neutral grip but I'm not too upset with this number

Planning on retesting after 12 weeks, 3 weeks on, 1 week deload repeat a total of 3 times. After that we'll see what I want to do. Possible push/pull competition in December at the local YMCA. I think that would be fun.
Allen Yeh is offline   Reply With Quote