View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 07:25 AM   #8
Allen Yeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Van Skike View Post
Can you dial it back? I'm not worried about the easy stuff, that's all to the good. It's the 400 repeats that should probably be ditched.
To be honest I don't know, I've really neglected running other than sprints basically since I got back home. My next PT test would be around October I think so for now I was shooting for one longer run day and one 400/800 day. After this week I'll know better where my 2 mile time lies and I can readjust from there. I can definitely ditch the running after my next PT Test.

I just finished my DL day yesterday and already I'm wondering with my running stuff if I should dial my training days to 3 times a week because today I'm hurting can't imagine going out and running repeats today at all.

Have you had any success with full body split type stuff? Wendler had a split in v2 where he had a 3 day where you squat 3 days a week, 2 days are lighter load days, 1 day is a 5/3/1 style day and you pull and push every day as well but lighter loads on the other days and push that lift one day. I wonder if that would be better than I'm only training 3 days a week, running twice a week leaving 2 days for rest/recovery type stuff.
Allen Yeh is offline   Reply With Quote