View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 08:43 AM   #3
Chad Lammert

I completely agree with Javier. If you start working your flexibility, your learning curve for these lifts will be dramatically shortened. The other thing I would push for would be power transfer exercises that will get you used to explosive movements. Here's a list of things I would start dabbling and familiarizing myself with:
  • Push presses and snatch grip push presses
  • snatch balances and heaving snatch balances
  • low rep box jumps
These movements all have great power transfer motions and particular to the snatch balance movements, you'll be getting a lot of flexibility work at the same time. I have also experienced an improvement working on pause squats from the front and high bar back positions. These squats really strengthen your bottom position in each of these movements and will test your flexibility/strength at the same time. I think you'll see some tremendous benefits yourself by regularly practicing these.

In my opinion, I think you should try some power snatches and cleans from the hang position and ride them down into the squat. Use low weight and maybe 3-5 reps. Just start working on that power transfer and catch. Be aware of what yo are doing and I think it will help shorten that learning curve again (plus what better way to start getting flexible for these movements).

Good luck,

Chad
Chad Lammert is offline   Reply With Quote