Thread: Yael's Journal
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 02:31 PM   #154
Yael Grauer

Went to the stripe ceremony this AM and didn't get my next stripe, which is fair enough because I haven't been training since I got slammed with work. My coach said that people who have been out due to injury or whatnot would get stripes/belts after training consistently if we were up for it, and the next promotion ceremony is around Thanksgiving or Christmas anyway, so I'm not too worried. It would've felt weird to get a stripe after only going to 3 classes for the past month, anyway. It is a little frustrating, but whatever. It's not like I need a next belt to compete, so...

I finished the Intro to Rings program, and so now I get to decide what I want to do next for my training; obviously working on climbing for MovNat but I've pretty much given up on being able to do that on my own without in-person training. We actually have MovNat-certified trainers in Minneapolis now, but they're all super weird about actually setting up a time for coaching so I think I'll have to wait for a one-day class to roll around unless I want to drive to Chicago or something.

So I guess I have to pick a new program. Thinking of doing some Oly or something; it's the only thing i can think of that might be fun and also supplement my BJJ.