Thread: Yael's Journal
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 04:03 AM   #177
Yael Grauer

Monday I missed BJJ because I left my keys in Todd's car and also he locked his keys in his car which was parked far away and I couldn't get to class in time. But the other reason was because I had to wake up at 7AM to prep for some interviews for a blog post, so got maybe 3 hours of sleep, and was exhausted.

Tuesday went to Oly

Snatch:
33 lb x 2 reps
33 lb x 2 reps
40 lb x 2 reps
40 lb x 2 reps
44 lb x 2 reps
44 lb x 2 reps
55 lb x 2 reps
55 lb x 2 reps
60 lb x 2 reps
60 lb x 2 reps
62 lb x 2 reps
55 lb x 2 reps
55 lb x 2 reps
55 lb x 2 reps

Clean and Jerk:
55 lb x 2 reps
62 lb x 2 reps
77 lb x 2 reps
77 lb x 2 reps
84 lb x 2 reps
84 lb x 2 reps
84 lb x 3 reps

Clean and Press (clean followed by 5 OHP):
35 lb x 1 reps
55 lb x 1 reps
77 lb x 1 reps
79 lb x 1 reps
79 lb x 1 reps

Barbell Squat:
44 lb x 5 reps
66 lb x 5 reps
88 lb x 5 reps
99 lb x 5 reps
99 lb x 5 reps
99 lb x 5 reps

This is in lbs. because it's easier to just paste it in from Fitocracy.

Went to this Freshbooks customer appreciation party right after the gym, which was hilarious because I forgot to bring something to change into (and we don't have showers anyway) so I just threw a hoodie on over my sweaty clothes and am not sure if anybody noticed or not.

Wed missed BJJ, once again a buttload of work, in fact it's 5AM and am about to crash out; I have an 11AM deadline tomorrow and that's too early in the day for me. I tried to do the early class because I'm so sore from those squats, but didn't get done in time, and was too tired to do intermediate. I did go to the debate party, though...

But I'm noticing I miss BJJ every week for some reason or another. Instead of trying to do intermediate classes, I'm thinking I should just do beginner for a while so I can get more classes in and get promoted, which is what I want, and worry about intermediate more after I at least get my 4th stripe if not my blue. Plus then I don't have to worry about being sore. Also, those classes are earlier in the day.

I also need to figure out a way to fix my sleep schedule. If I have an 11AM deadline I'd rather do everything the day/night before, but it's almost impossible when it's a Monday and I have the pile of work from the weekend plus a deadline.

I'd like to work some semblance of normal hours and not be a vampire, though.

It's 5AM and I have a Thursday PM deadline and a piece due Monday at 11, so ideally I'd get both of those done tomorrow, plus I have to pack for my free weekend trip to NYC... and I promised to cook dinner... and ideally I'd want to get to open mat at noon if I get up in time and lift at 4:30... I think I may be able to pull it off, though--2 hours to write one piece before lifting, then 3 hours for the second piece after dinner/packing/etc. but not 100% sure.