Thread: Yael's Journal
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 07:47 PM   #178
Yael Grauer

Okay, I feel like superwoman today because I went to bed at 5AM, got up at 11, went to jits, got home, did a rewrite I wasn't expecting, cleaned up and did the dishes and took the trash out, set up a traffic court hearing for this parking ticket I shouldn't have gotten, went to do some Olylifting, came home, cooked dinner, etc. I feel like a total stud just for doing BJJ and lifting in one day. Now I still have 2 things to write plus packing, but it's only 9PM so I should be able to pull it off.

BJJ was the drill/positional training class at noon. I actually really like this class and might start going to it. It was nice and small. Of course I got repartnered, but I can't complain too much since I got to work with the highest ranking guy in the room. We drilled knee on belly and worked on a baseball choke and another choke variation. I don't know that I'll ever use those particular chokes in my game, but I like knee on belly. Then for the game the person coming in was on the bottom and simply had to get to half guard or guard or something, and the person on top had to finish. I surprised myself (and others probably too, haha) by winning 3 or 4 times, including against someone with much higher rank than me, lol, because I could usually sneak back into half guard or whatnot. The rounds also lasted a pretty long time so I felt like I was sort of holding my own, and it was fun to maintain position or stop people from getting the finish, at least for a while... but that's not really necessarily true since I'm sure higher belts try stuff out on me that they wouldn't do on other people and could probably easily just smash me, but it still was kind of fun to kill people's grips and hooks and stuff and throw up some triangles from weird angles (never from guard, lol) and sneak in half guard sometimes. And there was one guy who's super strong and was trying to muscle out of (read bench press) side, and I ended up just landing on him pretty hard, which was pretty funny, though he got a sweep like 40 seconds later. Anyway. I think the things I'm best at in BJJ are...maintaining side control and half guard recovery. Just need to work on the rest. I like the noon class and need to start doing it more, I think.

Olylifting was the same as always: snatch, c+j, presses (clean followed by 5 presses) and back squats. Apparently I'm get stronger but my technique still needs work, especially my sn which I can't figure out how to not pull out.

Anyway, here's the #s (in lbs., from fitocracy).

Snatch:
33 lb x 3 reps
43 lb x 3 reps
50 lb x 3 reps
61 lb x 3 reps
55 lb x 3 reps
55 lb x 3 reps
57 lb x 2 reps
57 lb x 2 reps
55 lb x 3 reps
55 lb x 3 reps

Clean and Jerk:
55 lb x 2 reps
55 lb x 2 reps
66 lb x 3 reps
73 lb x 3 reps
79 lb x 2 reps
84 lb x 2 reps
77 lb x 2 reps
77 lb x 2 reps

Clean:
33 lb x 1 reps
44 lb x 1 reps
55 lb x 1 reps
55 lb x 1 reps
55 lb x 1 reps

(These were actually combined; clean followed by 5 presses)

Standing Barbell Shoulder Press (OHP):
33 lb x 5 reps
44 lb x 5 reps
55 lb x 5 reps
55 lb x 5 reps
55 lb x 5 reps

Back Squat:
66 lb x 5 reps
88 lb x 5 reps
99 lb x 5 reps
99 lb x 5 reps
99 lb x 5 reps