View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 10:12 PM   #7
Dave Van Skike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Shafley View Post
I'd really lean towards arbitrarily setting a training max and going from there. The reason is this: you should be in it for the long haul, what does it matter if you hit a PR in 8 weeks or 12 weeks, if you aren't under a time constraint. Best start light and really work on the skill of the movements.e

I also feel the the MEBB frequency precludes the classic OLs, not enough practice with the, but not necessarily precluspdes the power versions of those lifts. I would imagine this is a point of contention between many and myself, though. The results of, say, snatching 1x weekly would be quickly overrun by the results of, say, squatting 1x weekly
Now that I understand Kelly to be a woman,I'm inclined to trust she could make up a number nice low number and run with it. That said, the tendonitis and other complaints would have me steering in as opposite a direction of MEBB as possible.

With the volume and endurance focus, this template or even the Gant Grimes hybrid template are really suboptimal approaches. I think like Steve's saying,more practice on fewer lifts will take you further. I know that's not a ez template fix but it's true.

Is the goal to compete in crossfit competitions again or to simply train all those movements for fun?