View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 11:12 PM   #7
Dave Van Skike

Originally Posted by Steve Shafley View Post
I'd really lean towards arbitrarily setting a training max and going from there. The reason is this: you should be in it for the long haul, what does it matter if you hit a PR in 8 weeks or 12 weeks, if you aren't under a time constraint. Best start light and really work on the skill of the movements.e

I also feel the the MEBB frequency precludes the classic OLs, not enough practice with the, but not necessarily precluspdes the power versions of those lifts. I would imagine this is a point of contention between many and myself, though. The results of, say, snatching 1x weekly would be quickly overrun by the results of, say, squatting 1x weekly
Now that I understand Kelly to be a woman,I'm inclined to trust she could make up a number nice low number and run with it. That said, the tendonitis and other complaints would have me steering in as opposite a direction of MEBB as possible.

With the volume and endurance focus, this template or even the Gant Grimes hybrid template are really suboptimal approaches. I think like Steve's saying,more practice on fewer lifts will take you further. I know that's not a ez template fix but it's true.

Is the goal to compete in crossfit competitions again or to simply train all those movements for fun?
Practical Strength
Dave Van Skike is offline   Reply With Quote