View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 10:57 AM   #9
Allen Yeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Lamb View Post
Several cervical bulging discs...appeared to be severe triceps tendinitis in both arms (arms so swollen that I thought I had rhabdo)....when PT and weeks of rest didn't change the fact that my hands were numb, we looked into my neck. So a lot of time was spent chasing the problem and correcting the problem (hence quite a bit of time away from most lifting...still did lower body work). Pain is now managed with mobility and traction, but I am fearful of getting re-injured. Doc says anything is ok as long as I don't fall on my head.

Someone asked if I was going to compete in any CF stuff. No - any desire to do that went out the window with the injury sustained from CF (I'm going to totally digress...I'm pretty bitter...I worked at the CF gym where the injury happened and was told I was required to participate in the Open and that it would be fun. Being pretty new to CF, I wasn't ready and I feel that they allowed me to get away with sloppy form, esp. in the snatch Open WOD - I happened to get to the 100lbs. mark with really shitty form. Those "coaches" should not have allowed such shitty form.
That is awful, it's things like that that really turn me off to CF. I try to keep my ranting to a minimum but that is atrocious. Bad coaching, injuries and the mentality behind it...ugh! I'm glad you are on the mend.
Allen Yeh is offline   Reply With Quote