View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 07:43 PM   #2
Javier Sanjuan

Location: Originally from Queens, NY; live in Manhattan, KS (Army Captain)

Noel,

I think you're doing a great job. In my eyes, you could only benefit from a slightly more improved start position in both lifts. It looks like you're deadlifting instead of pulling. I'll try to explain as best as I can.

First, in the snatch, I think you can get your butt lower and lead out with your chest. Flexibility doesn't seem to be an issue based off you overhead posture when you receive the snatch. It's seems that you lose some leg drive because you start to high (i.e., like you would start and pull on a deadlift). Everything else looks good -- you're bar is nice and close, you're upright and strong, and you stabilize well.

In your hang clean, your pull off the ground brought the same feelings. I know it's not the lift you wanted commented on, but compounding good habits is crucial. Again, try to get the butt down farther and lead with your chest. If you can get your eyes on a focal point in front of you, this will help you. You do it all throughout both lifts when you receive the bar, which is great, but try to do it when you're coming off the ground. This will help you engage more of your legs and get the bar higher. Everything else looks good.

I hope this helps.

- Javi

Dear God, please help me lift heavy and be awesome. Thanks. Amen.
Javier Sanjuan is offline   Reply With Quote