View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 09:34 PM   #3
Willson Doug

Tim

Thanks for the reply. Itís nice communicating with other older lifters. I think Iíll try your suggestion. I'll attempt 3 times per week but dial back the intensity and increase as my body tells me.

I had a very intense 1 1/2 hour workout on Thurs., last week followed by an exhausting day at work on Fri.. Sat. and Sun. were busy but not physical days. I have had no gas in the tank since Fri. for a workout but tonight I finally feel like I am starting to regain my energy. I have tomorrow off so I will work out in the morning. I likely will have a good work out and it will likely be pretty intense but it will probably take me at least 2 days to recover. So if I dial it back a little maybe I can maintain more energy and be able to workout on Wed. If I don't dial back it'll be at least Thurs. before I am able to hit the gym again.

So you can see I have good workouts but too much time passes between them. It kind of boils down to high intensity less workouts per week or lower intensity and more workouts per week.
Willson Doug is offline   Reply With Quote