View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 01:29 AM   #2
Blair Lowe

You are another bent arm puller who bends their arms pulling the bar to your thighs instead of moving your torso. I see it a lot at my gym. But I'm not a coach so I usually just watch it and occasionally might tip someone when it gets to me. At the last gym, I did more of it because I was asked to help out more (which is like asking someone with piss poor sight to lead the blind).

Go back to the 2nd pull and don't bend your arms. I used to tell the kids who bent their legs to stop or I'd put a metal stick/spike behind their knees with tape so if they bent them it would stab into their skin. I really think this would be good to tell to some adults but many might object to it. In china or japan they would just use a stick.

Seriously, forget about the 2nd pull for now and focus on the 2nd pull with straight arms. If you start bending your arms, go slower. Work the scarecrow cleans where you start at the top position of a High Pull and get right into the bottom of the clean catch/front squat.

Back foot should be on the ball of the foot with heel up. I have this problem still from my 10 years of straight back leg lunges in gymnastics. I can't remember if it was straight before gymnastics 12 years ago.
Blair Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote