View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 11:32 AM   #1
Barry Schroeder

Default Training Cycle Question

I'm planning on committing strictly to one of the training cycles on the site. I am pretty proficient technically, so I am currently looking at the 12 week Strength Development Cycle or the 12 week Complete Cycle. Overall strength is my weakness, right now (pulling, squatting and overhead). I like the layout of both of the cycles and think either will work for me. If it matters, I'm a 34 year old male CrossFitter (with a pretty significant bias towards weightlifting) and hoping to compete nationally at some Master's events next year.

My question is this: Since the Strength Development cycle was written in 2009 and the Complete Cycle is from earlier this year, have their been significant changes in programming philosophy/training experience in the last 3 or so years that would make the Strength Development cycle out of date?

Like I said, I'm confident either will work, I'm just curious if any of Greg's thoughts have drastically changed over the past 3 years.

Thanks for all the information you provide on the site for free, it has helped more times than I can count in the past few years!
Barry Schroeder is offline   Reply With Quote