View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 07:00 AM   #1
Thomas Brenden

Default Where do you lift?

So this question may be a little different, but I'm wondering where people lift, that don't lift in a gym?

In my area, there are no actual weightlifting gyms, let alone any USAW clubs. The closest thing to it is the 24hr Fitness that has one platform in the very back, or the numerous CrossFit gyms.

The problem with the CrossFit gyms is I've "evolved" how I want to train and while I still enjoy CrossFit, I'm content with only doing it one, maybe two, times per week. Furthermore, all of the CrossFit gyms' "open gym" hours are in the middle of the day when I can't make it, so they really aren't a viable option to follow any of the Catalyst training cycles or anything of the sort.

So this leaves me wondering if any of you have gotten creative, or know of creative locations to train? I'm not opposed to getting a barbell, bumpers, and building a platform and squat rack, but I live in the Pacific NW so setting up outside really isn't an option. And my house has no garage, unfortunately. I was considering possibly renting a 10x10 storage unit.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!
Thomas Brenden is offline   Reply With Quote