View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 06:56 PM   #40
Yael Grauer

Tuesday

Breakfast: shredded sweet potatoes with two fried eggs on top

Lunch: shredded chicken/tomato/onion stuff with some shredded cheese

snack #1: baby carrots and almond butter

snack #2: almonds and raisins

Dinner: chicken curry in the crockpot--carrots, onions, celery, chicken thighs, garlic, coconut milk, chicken broth and a whole lot of spices.

workout: phase 1 class... we worked on a takedown to side control, takedown to mount, bridge & roll mount escape, a standing guard pass to side and a double-under pass, and 15 minutes of positional drills.

also: got tuina for my arm; he said it'd take 12 weeks of weekly tuina for a half hour a session for it to heal, so that was 1 of 12.

Wednesday

Breakfast: 2 eggs and a banana

Lunch: tuna salad--tuna, carrots, tomatoes, avocado, paprika, salt, pepper, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil

Dinner: leftover slow cooked chicken curry with carrots, onion and celery, mmm.

Snack: a half a bowl of Trader Joe's popcorn with herbs and spices (seasoned with sea salt, dill, celery seed, and onion powder)

workout: phase 2 class; we worked escapes from mount, from someone posting from mount (escape to x-guard or half-guard), from a knee pillow and from high mount; then did positional training from mount; did pretty good, I could hang with my training partner even though he was bigger and stronger and he told me I was sneaky. easier to get out of mount to half guard than to hold mount myself, though... prob. cos i squeeze the knees which makes it hard to base quickly with my foot, so I get rolled instead. but in real life i don't hold mount; i go to side.