View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 07:14 AM   #1100
Allen Yeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Perry View Post

I'm trying hard to get back into training but I've missed out on so much over the last year I'm down in weight to 140, weak as shit, and it's hard. A lot of things come up that make it hard to get to the gym. Financial problems, kids, work, etc. but I'm trying. I thought maybe some linear progression could step things up a bit but even today I can't make it to the gym, low on money for gas and the membership fee. I don't really like my gym either so that's part of it.

Food is the next big issue. I can't afford clean eating anymore. And half the time I'm lucky if I get 2 solid meals a day. So there is another issue. That's really how it's been over the last 12 months. But I'm trying. 5/3/1 is what I want to jump on but I felt like my squat was so pathetic I needed to work on it. And I've lost so much mass it's pretty depressing. But I'm trying.
Sorry to hear about the troubles. Something that got me through a time like you are talking about is what Alwyn Cosgrove said about stress and I'm paraphrasing here:

"All the stress in your life is like different faucets pouring into a bathtub, the bathtub only drains so fast when 1 drain (or 3) are on full blast you have to turn down the drain on other things (like training) so that your tub doesn't overfill."

There is a 5/3/1 split with squatting everyday, you still at the same email?

Eat what you can when you can, you'll get back to eating clean eventually, right now if you are only eating 2 solid meals a day and lost all that weight you just need calories in period.
Allen Yeh is offline   Reply With Quote