Thread: Allen's Journal
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 05:29 AM   #1567
Allen Yeh

Summary 19JAN2013 to 18FEB2013

BW = 187 on 18JAN2013
BW = 184 on 18FEB2013

Lifts:
Not a great month while I didn't stall at all almost all of my lift days felt like a struggle, didn't set any rep records or 1RM's:
military press - 115 x 10
deadlift - 300 x 5, 320 x 3
bench press 225 x 5
squat - 215 x 5, 225 x 5

Runs:
Very consistent this month I ran a 7:36 mile without much effort by the 3rd week.

Plans for the next month or 2:
Diet - Continue on Carb Nite Solution - until I get to 10% BF right now I'm probably still in the 13-15% range
Training - Going to switch from 5/3/1 to the Shockwave Protocol, I was all fired up about doing a PL competition but since I never ended up doing it (various bad excuses) I'm going to switch gears for the next month or 2, been doing 5/3/1 since mid-September this time around only had to redo my DL numbers once.
Running - I will maintain what I've been doing as I've been getting good results, not sure if at this point I should try to keep increasing my speed/mile or work on maintaining speed over the long run, while increasing speed is more fun, I know in my mind I need to work on maintaining speed an not run a 7:30 1st mile and a 10:00 second mile!!!@#!#!@ FOCUS!!
Warmups - Need to trim these down a bit, it was getting to the point of 15+ minutes when I kept adding stuff, going to stick to 10 minutes or less! I know when I train at 5 AM I to loosen up more, I just need to find a good balance.
Allen Yeh is offline   Reply With Quote