View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 03:45 PM   #9
Doug Emerson

My elbow seems to have the same range of motion, but I'm not totally healed so I wouldn't say this is 100% accurate. I still have some weird pains in my wrist near the thumb in certain ranges of motion.

I've been working on building up my wrists lately. Trying to work up to doing pushups on the back of my hands. I found this on gymnastics bodies forum. I can only do them on my knees, but I can't do them 100% correct because I can't get the geometry on my injured arm the same as my good arm. (This probably doesn't make sense without pictures.) I think I could get the same angle on both arms if my wrist didn't hurt. I think the nerve is still healing.

I also have pain in the outer part of my elbow (arm hanging straight down naturally). I think this is because my arm was weak, and I was trying to get back into shape too quickly. I have tried to make myself slow down, but it's hard.

I hope you get your range back. This injury, has been really humbling. It makes you appreciate your health a lot more. I've had injuries in the past, but it has been a while. This one made me think about what is and what is not important anymore. I just want to be mobile, healthy, even if I am not as strong. I sit at a desk and don't play sports anymore, so I'm okay losing some strength. A few years ago, I don't think I'd be okay with that. Lol!
Doug Emerson is offline   Reply With Quote