Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Endurance

Old 10-21-2008, 07:55 AM   #1
Zach Mitchell

Default Running with Vibram's FiveFingers/Wrestling Shoes

Hello all!

I have been dealing with chronic foot pain for almost 10 years. The last 4 years have been very minimal but if I am on my feet for more than 6 hours they become very painful. Most of the pain is in the ankle/achilles and the top of my foot.

Anyway, CrossFitting has definately made my feet stronger mostly because I am stretching more consistantly, do the foot drills, and like to workout as close to barefoot as possible.

My barefoot solution (for outdoors) are wrestling shoes. I have been wearing them for about 3 weeks now. I can't seem to get my hands on Vibram's FiveFingers. I titled this post this way because I believe that I will have to follow the same principles running in wrestling shoes as someone would running in FiveFingers. I also felt like the community is probably more familiar with Vibrams.

So, on Saturday October 25th I will be running a 5k. Typically I only follow WODs and I am doing this for fun. I want to run in my wrestling shoes but lately my achilles/heel/calf muscles have been tightening up well before the distance of 5k. I run around the block as part of my warm-up.

Can anyone point me in the direction of some good barefoot running/low profile soles resources?

Franks.
Zach Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:44 AM   #2
Garrett Smith

Look to the articles on www.posetech.com . They also have a forum.
Garrett Smith is offline   Reply With Quote