Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Olympic Weightlifting

Old 01-14-2007, 04:29 PM   #1
Frank Needham

Default My next workout prog

At this time I am doing the SS program and will continue for about 5 more months. SS is supposed to be good for 6 months, or longer, and from there I intend to do this program:
http://www.exrx.net/WeightTraining/Weightlifting.html
There is a link within the first page to a Hormone Fluctuation Model at http://www.exrx.net/ExInfo/Overtrain...#anchor1453377. How are these blood tests normally administered?
Old 01-15-2007, 04:37 PM   #2
Elliot Royce

I saw those MSU programs and they looked pretty cool but I got the sense they were designed for young athletes with plenty of time on their hands.

I showed them to my O lift coach and he liked them but since most of his trainees are older than 30, I think he felt they were a bit much.
Elliot Royce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 06:37 AM   #3
Frank Needham

Thanks for the feedback Elliot. They do look tough but I'm going to give it a go anyway. Six weeks on paper doesn't look so bad a length of time to last. If I die 1/2 way through I'll just go to plan B. It'll be a kind of test for me to see how far I've come at that time. What does your coach have you doing if I may ask?
Old 01-16-2007, 12:03 PM   #4
Elliot Royce

Right now, mostly just working on the basics with snatches, cleans, and squats with variants on the above. Plus some c&j. There are a lot of building blocks you can do (I forget all the names).

I've asked him for a more formal program since I want to get a bit more serious on it (perhaps even at the expense of CF). I'll get back to you when I have more information.
Elliot Royce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 12:53 PM   #5
Robb Wolf

Looks like a fanny kicker! Keep us posted.

Robb's Blog
Robb Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 05:45 PM   #6
Frank Needham

We'll see what happens. Right now I'm making good progress on the SS program doing 3 days per week, bumping things up 2.5% each week and flipping workouts from AB to BA on alternate weeks. My mass is climbing a bit and I'm completing all workouts in 45-50 mins maximum.

So, if my gains continue and I don't get injured doing something stupid like that I have confidence that by 6 months I should be able to do the MSU experimental program. Mind you, I'll be starting out at levels where I can be assured of making good runs at weights that'll guarantee PRs for quite some time.