Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Equipment

Old 02-11-2012, 06:53 PM   #1
Zach Reed

Default Lifting shoe upgrade

I've had a pair of rogue do-wins for 18 months and am looking to upgrade to a better pair. Great starter shoe, but with the current sole/heel delamination issues id rather spend a little extra for a better pair this time. I've been looking at the Nikes and various Adidas models, but was wondering if anyone could make a recommendation for a reliable pair of decent lifting shoes? thanks
Zach Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:57 PM   #2
sarena kopciel

I too need new shoes and have heard wonders about the Ristos. I am watching this....I currently have Adidas that are about 4 yrs old and well used.
sarena kopciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:42 PM   #3
Joseph Reyes

I got the romaleos for christmas and have been using them for 2 weeks. I really like them, compared to the do-wins which I have had for 3 years the quality is light years ahead. the sole is very stiff giving you a very solid base to push off from. I tried the adistar but it was to narrow but the quality is very similar to the nike. I spoke to Todd from dynamic fitness and he said the adipower will have a similar fit to the adistar.
Joseph Reyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:54 AM   #4
Eduardo Chile

I have the adidas power perfect II. The other weightlifting shoes I've owned are from vs athletics.

The construction is very nice, and they run a tad narrow but that works out for me. They have a sturdy sole and good grip. I use them for squatting and benching, so I can't really speak for them in the olympic lifts.

Log at RTS
Eduardo Chile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:22 AM   #5
Keith Miller

I've lifted in a few different pairs of shoes over the years. Last pair of shoes I had were DoWins. I loved them. The sole started separating after almost 3 yrs of constant use, so decided to get a new pair for Christmas. Got a pair of the Romaleos 1 when they were on sale. Can't say enough how much better these shoes are to anything else I've used before. Took me a bit to get used to them and break in, but after over a month, they are great. The Romaleos 2 are very similar just a hair lighter and more flexible. I don't think you'll notice anything as an Oly lifter, though. Never got along with Adidas due to wide feet and high arch, except for the 2000 Adistars (which I wish I still had)!!!
Keith Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:14 PM   #6
Zach Reed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarena kopciel View Post
I too need new shoes and have heard wonders about the Ristos. I am watching this....I currently have Adidas that are about 4 yrs old and well used.
http://www.eastbay.com/product/model...YWORD%20SEARCH

Just saw that the new Adistars are 20% off right now if you're still looking for a new pair.
Zach Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:22 PM   #7
sarena kopciel

Thanks, I decided mine still have life to live!
sarena kopciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:43 PM   #8
Kevin McGuinness

I just got a pair of Risto White Thunders that I'm very happy with. They're comfortable and affordable; just a little bit on the heavy side. Risto's customer service is phenomenal too.
Kevin McGuinness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:20 PM   #9
Kevin McGuinness

Update on the Ristos. I just noticed a small separation in the layers of the sole under the toe. They are less than a month old so this is NOT normal wear and tear. I've been hearing from my coach and others now that Risto has a reputation for being inconsistent in the quality of their product.
Kevin McGuinness is offline   Reply With Quote