Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Olympic Weightlifting

Old 02-26-2013, 05:34 PM   #1
Carloz Arias

Default Please critique snatch & clean

Hi all, I have always followed the videos on Youtube, but I join the forum to know your opinions about my surveys, I am from a country that speaks Spanish, so please, use words not so technical and difficult to translate, is a request.

Well just as an introduction, about 1 month I've been practicing weightlifting, is still a need to improve the technique.

Snatch

http://youtu.be/Nt4pWO2NrTY

From my perspective, I see that the bar me from the body forward (swinging), and I can not tiptoe or terminate the extension or 2nd pull.

Clean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy6ZOB-U07I

Here, I think that I can not bring the bar to the position of power, and also not to extension or tiptoe achievement.

I also believe that in both lifts, the extension is too upright?

soon a video of jerk

I would ask your suggestions of errors that you can see and how to correct them, thank you very much and see you soon.

thanks
Carloz Arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:50 PM   #2
Harlan Schulze

You do the same thing as me on your snatch (perhaps the clean also)

The weight comes too far forward onto your toes and makes your receiving position feel crappy (it does for me)

To fix this focus on keeping the weight in your heels longer, until the bar is around the pockets then pull. I did this today and it fixed my lift
Harlan Schulze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:40 AM   #3
Carloz Arias

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlan Schulze View Post
You do the same thing as me on your snatch (perhaps the clean also)

The weight comes too far forward onto your toes and makes your receiving position feel crappy (it does for me)

To fix this focus on keeping the weight in your heels longer, until the bar is around the pockets then pull. I did this today and it fixed my lift
Thx, Harlan, I had already read before, but that means more time to keep the weight on your heels?, ie, keeping the foot flat on ground contact, to bring the bar to pocket (power position) and then just start the triple extension?

Something to understand is that the starting position the bar is on the ball of the foot, and when you raise the bar, pass the weight toward the heels, this would be what you say sweep or "S"?

pd. sorry for the English, not my native language.

Thanks
Old 03-06-2013, 07:54 PM   #4
Carloz Arias

bump!!!
Old 03-07-2013, 02:05 PM   #5
Greg Everett
Administrator

Snatch - After you finish your extension, keep the bar closer to your body by lifting the elbows up and to the sides as you pull down. They are too stiff and straight now.

Clean - When you lift off the floor, push the bar back toward your body. It should always be as close as possible to your legs. It's far away as it comes up to the knee, so it pulls you forward.

"Without a doubt the best book on the market about Olympic-style weightlifting." - Mike Burgener, USAW Senior International Coach

American Weightlifting: The Documentary
Catalyst Athletics
Performance Menu Journal
Greg Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:21 PM   #6
Carloz Arias

Hello all,

I've been training with its recommendations still need to improve.

Snatch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6kLPq8QKpo

At snatch, I still need to sweep more, and keep my heel on the ground longer, I also see that my arms bend before the extension, at least right arm and think because of this I can't do the 3rd pull and I can't pull myself and feel slow to get under the bar.

Clean&Jerk:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rilg3BwcizU

At c&j, as I think I can improve sweep the bar, but my big problem is to pass the bar knees, instinctively my knees push forward, I've been focusing on that and even thought I didn't do it but in the vids I realize that is too exaggerated, produces the swing bar. Some specific exercises to correct this?. How I can fix this?

In the start position, the bar where it should be placed, above the ball of the foot?, for both?. In the snatch, position it over the ball of the foot, while the clean isn't comfortable, and get closer to the base (arch) of the foot, I find it easier to sweep the bar.

I wait for your comments and recommendations, sorry if my english is not the best, just remind them that I'm from latin america, if possible do not use words such techniques.

Thank you very much.