Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Nutrition > Supplements

Old 08-08-2007, 06:49 AM   #1
Elliot Royce

Default Creatine suggestions

I need a simple way to take in creatine. I don't really have time to mix it with water. Does liquid creatine work? Or capsules? Or chews? Any specific brands?

Thanks,

Elliot
Elliot Royce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 07:48 AM   #2
Mike ODonnell

I'm pretty simplistic and believe most of the creatine marketing is hype....not sure why you don't have time to mix in water? Add in scoop...add water...stir and drink quick. Or just insert tablespoon of powder in mouth, wash down with water....done that before.

You may get different opinions but I still say stick with the most name brand powder you can find, stay away from these other chews/liquids etc as it's probably all hype and fillers...knowing a guy who used to sell the stuff to other manufacturers so they could private label it and mark it up....it's all the same crap. I'm no chemist but I do know all the marketing BS in the industry. Save your money.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:51 AM   #3
Elliot Royce

Mike:

I suppose you're right that I can mix it. It's just that in the am I run out the door to take the train. I hadn't really thought about taking it at night. Any reason not to take it before bed?

Elliot
Elliot Royce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 07:55 AM   #4
John Alston

Elliot, I take it in my post workout shake of 1 scoop whey, 1 scoop gatorade powder. On non-training days, I just get it in when I can, if I remember (been bad lately). But the PWO pre-mix is good for both timing and ease.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:00 AM   #5
Mike ODonnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot Royce View Post
Mike:

I suppose you're right that I can mix it. It's just that in the am I run out the door to take the train. I hadn't really thought about taking it at night. Any reason not to take it before bed?

Elliot
I don't buy into the timing of it either...kind of like the loading phase...just take it daily when you can...you will see the improvements....one of the more nerdy people can probably explain the whole delivery system of creatine in the blood....I think once it's in your system it finds the way into the muscle without needing to be postworkout insulin spike type of stuff....not sure, but I take mine just whenever I remember to....
Old 08-08-2007, 08:14 AM   #6
Allen Yeh

When I take creatine, I'd just add the scoop of creatine with my post workout shake and then add water when I'm all done.

On non workout days I'd just take it in the morning.
Allen Yeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:43 PM   #7
Robb Wolf

Cheap...1/2 kg size. 1tsp tossed down the hatch, chased with water. Simple, cheap, done.

Robb's Blog
Robb Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 02:44 AM   #8
Jay Cohen

Rob;
You take Creatine?
Jay Cohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 10:37 AM   #9
Robb Wolf

Occasionally. I'll work my way through a can and then forget about it for 6 months. I'm a non-responder...no performance boost for me but i think it has other health benefits.

LOOOONG thread here somewhere on that and loads over at CF.

Robb's Blog
Robb Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 03:57 PM   #10
Allison Barns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb Wolf View Post
Occasionally. I'll work my way through a can and then forget about it for 6 months. I'm a non-responder...no performance boost for me but i think it has other health benefits.

LOOOONG thread here somewhere on that and loads over at CF.
Robb,
What do you mean here by "non-responder?" And would that be just to creatine or to various supplements?
Please point me in the right direction if this has been discussed elsewhere.
Thanks!
Allison Barns is offline   Reply With Quote