Ok so here are the facts!
1. I had a full abdominoplasty 14 months ago (tummy tuck) to repair complete Abdominal Separation/Diastasis
(poss causes several pregnancies and obesity) and rid myself of lose skin from history of obesity! Healing was initially slow due to an abcess but long forgotten about.
2. Two days ago, I noticed some redness around my new navel, which was created during the surgery.
3. yesterday I noticed some tenderness surrounding navel.
4. This afternoon I saw the navel redness looked like a small infection, a bit swollen and not nice. Area is more tender and perhaps a bit distended.
5. Went to my plastic surgeon who is a friend. he said definitely an infection which he wanted to drain. he prepped the area and as we were talking about my current lifting, lights went off and he said maybe there is a small hernia or it could also be a stitch that separated from surgery. He decided not to do
the procedure. He also took a photo.
6. he sent me home with a script for Cipro and to watch it and come back on Thurs.
7. He called later and said he discussed it with his partner (his Dad) and they decided I should see a general surgeon to rule out hernia. He said he would arrange on Weds.
8. Called me later again that he was in the ER and actually saw the surgeon, showed him the pic and the surgeon said he is not in the ofc tomorrow but will see me Thurs.
9. I was told no lifting the next few days and no teaching yoga either
So the situation is outlined above. My thoughts are hell if it is a hernia and then how could I be lifting if I do have a hernia. I am confused and am not sure what I can or should be doing. I hate to take antibiotics but dont want this to develop negatively any further. Thoughts and suggestions are welcome.