Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Nutrition > General Nutrition

Old 07-11-2008, 09:05 PM   #11
Barry Anderberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike ODonnell View Post
We all fast during sleep...so in a sense....well....yes.

Actually it's very rare I eat before 10am....but I also do not get up before 7-8am....often days I may even go without food till 12-1pm (but still have an Americano/Expresso)....but I usually will extend my eating window later as varied....sometimes 6pm....sometimes 8pm....sometimes on the weekend it's much much later. That and IF is supposed to be "intermittent".......so use it as neccessary as people can experience excess anxiety or nervousness depending on their lifestyle factors and other issues. Must learn to just listen to your body at that point as it will tell you what it needs.
Well I did IF every day this past week, and I dig the part before I eat. Feeling hungry doesn't bother me much, and the mental clarity lends itself to writing software, plus I drink black coffee. Trying to stuff myself with 3000 calories in 7 to 8 hours sucks.. but I did notice some interesting changes almost immediately.. in the last few hours of the fast I can flex my muscles more than ever before. I made my bicep peak higher than ever which is weird. I also generally look leaner. I also noticed positive gastrointestinal changes.
Barry Anderberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 09:11 PM   #12
Mike ODonnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Anderberg View Post
I also generally look leaner. I also noticed positive gastrointestinal changes.
good thing that whole IF thing actually does have postive results....otherwise I might have to change the url of my blog....and "thezonelife.com" doesn't sound as good. Not too mention who wants a blog all about being OCD 24/7....not me!

Last edited by Mike ODonnell; 07-11-2008 at 09:14 PM.
Mike ODonnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 07:03 AM   #13
joe waguespack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Anderberg View Post
Well I did IF every day this past week, and I dig the part before I eat. Feeling hungry doesn't bother me much, and the mental clarity lends itself to writing software, plus I drink black coffee. Trying to stuff myself with 3000 calories in 7 to 8 hours sucks.. but I did notice some interesting changes almost immediately.. in the last few hours of the fast I can flex my muscles more than ever before. I made my bicep peak higher than ever which is weird. I also generally look leaner. I also noticed positive gastrointestinal changes.
I'm into me second week and it also seemed like over night changes took place. I was starting to worry because at first I looked like I was softening up , but I woke up this morning with veins popping out everywhere in my abs, it happened over night. Not to mention I feel great and love the freedom IF gives.

I'm so glad I found THIS forum, if someone would make peeked biceps or vascular abs comments on the Crossfit forum we would be getting ripped a new one because thats not supposed to important.We might even be accused of being concerned with physical appearance!!!
joe waguespack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 07:37 AM   #14
Mike ODonnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe waguespack View Post
I'm into me second week and it also seemed like over night changes took place. I was starting to worry because at first I looked like I was softening up , but I woke up this morning with veins popping out everywhere in my abs, it happened over night. Not to mention I feel great and love the freedom IF gives.

I'm so glad I found THIS forum, if someone would make peeked biceps or vascular abs comments on the Crossfit forum we would be getting ripped a new one because thats not supposed to important.We might even be accused of being concerned with physical appearance!!!
Never know how the body will respond until you try something. In the end IF should give you full control on how to understand what eating habbits/foods will give you the results you are looking for. As for abs and biceps....nothing wrong with having those....as long as your happiness and sanity doesn't revolve around them...and you don't start to dress like this guy....
Old 07-12-2008, 07:42 AM   #15
joe waguespack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike ODonnell View Post
Never know how the body will respond until you try something. In the end IF should give you full control on how to understand what eating habbits/foods will give you the results you are looking for. As for abs and biceps....nothing wrong with having those....as long as your happiness and sanity doesn't revolve around them...and you don't start to dress like this guy....
LMAO
Old 07-12-2008, 02:35 PM   #16
Dave Paton

If CF is against physical appearance as the least important factor, they should make those dudes in the CF games wear shirts!
Dave Paton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 02:37 PM   #17
joe waguespack

No way !!! The drag factor from the t-shirt would add precious seconds to their Fran times.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:53 PM   #18
Kevin Perry

yes IF is good, I love the randomness of IF. For example, I went to bed yesterday a couple hours after my last meal ( note I don't sleep much.. very bad insomnia condition ) but when I did get some rest and did a few things the next day and got my workout in, it had been 15 hours since my last meal. Everything worked perfect today, PWO meal which was fairly heavy in carbs and my last 2 meals which were high in protein and low carb. Worked out good and have felt good today.

IF does wonderfull things.
Kevin Perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 06:37 AM   #19
Jason Lin

The protocol on those CF videos is to start with a shirt and then in the middle of the WOD, when you are all pumped up and nice and sweaty and shiny, slowly remove your shirt. Don't forget to flex your lats while doing it.
Jason Lin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 08:23 AM   #20
Mike ODonnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Lin View Post
The protocol on those CF videos is to start with a shirt and then in the middle of the WOD, when you are all pumped up and nice and sweaty and shiny, slowly remove your shirt. Don't forget to flex your lats while doing it.
They stole that from DeVany.