Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Fitness, Strength & CrossFit

Old 09-23-2008, 10:47 AM   #31
Philip Stablein

Don't drink a whole gallon your first day. Drink a quart. The next day, drink a quart + 1cup. Add 1 cup each day as tolerated. Do not zone. EAT. Zoning is calorie restriction. Eat whatever you can find. If you are hungry, you messed up.

Re-read the book.

Take some video of your squats. Then, watch the video of your squats. Then, watch these videos of squats http://strengthmill.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1334

You should be able to figure out what you are doing wrong there.

Don't post monthly on your progress, post more. Keep a workout log. You've got people willing to give you constructive feedback here, so take advantage of it. Digital coaching isn't a sub for real coaching, but with a video camera and a little writing ability you can get some pretty good help.

Stick to SS. Do not get ADD on your program. Stay with SS. You should be squatting 250x5 (minimally) before you even consider quitting SS. Anything less, and you are probably a pussy.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:31 PM   #32
Sebastian Milla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Stablein View Post
Don't drink a whole gallon your first day. Drink a quart. The next day, drink a quart + 1cup. Add 1 cup each day as tolerated. Do not zone. EAT. Zoning is calorie restriction. Eat whatever you can find. If you are hungry, you messed up.

Re-read the book.

Take some video of your squats. Then, watch the video of your squats. Then, watch these videos of squats http://strengthmill.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1334

You should be able to figure out what you are doing wrong there.

Don't post monthly on your progress, post more. Keep a workout log. You've got people willing to give you constructive feedback here, so take advantage of it. Digital coaching isn't a sub for real coaching, but with a video camera and a little writing ability you can get some pretty good help.

Stick to SS. Do not get ADD on your program. Stay with SS. You should be squatting 250x5 (minimally) before you even consider quitting SS. Anything less, and you are probably a pussy.
yup, definitly just hammered a full gallon the first day
it's all good, my body took it like a pro. as for keeping ya'll updated i dont want to be overbearing and just dump my workout logs on you. i do keep them though, i am checking my squat form, and i am more or less eating what I can without dying. havent been hungry in a while and whenever i feel like i have a little room in my tummy I put a glass of milk down the tube.
Sebastian Milla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 07:07 PM   #33
Derek Weaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Milla View Post
yup, definitly just hammered a full gallon the first day
it's all good, my body took it like a pro. as for keeping ya'll updated i dont want to be overbearing and just dump my workout logs on you. i do keep them though, i am checking my squat form, and i am more or less eating what I can without dying. havent been hungry in a while and whenever i feel like i have a little room in my tummy I put a glass of milk down the tube.
Keep a workout log in the workout log section... link it in your signature and I'm sure a lot of people will likely check it out and offer comments as you move along.
Derek Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote