Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Nutrition > General Nutrition

Old 09-27-2008, 09:19 PM   #1
omar arvizu

Default Perfomance on IF

Hey guys I only been IF for a week now... pretty good really, I was just wondering if anyone of u guys has had great improvement on performance since doing IF.
I'm keeping it Paleo freindly... 20 blocks a day, just eating a cup of cottage cheese as my dessert and a piece of fruit before bed cause I feel like in the need of somethign sweet. Love the fasting... but still cheating on the food a little bit on the weekends during my feasting periods.
Thnx everyone!
Omar
omar arvizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 04:42 AM   #2
George Mounce

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar arvizu View Post
Hey guys I only been IF for a week now... pretty good really, I was just wondering if anyone of u guys has had great improvement on performance since doing IF.
I'm keeping it Paleo freindly... 20 blocks a day, just eating a cup of cottage cheese as my dessert and a piece of fruit before bed cause I feel like in the need of somethign sweet. Love the fasting... but still cheating on the food a little bit on the weekends during my feasting periods.
Thnx everyone!
Omar
Did I miss the article on using the Zone for IF? If anyone can lead me to it for reading, I'd be appreciative.
George Mounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 06:13 AM   #3
Eva Claire Synkowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Mounce View Post
Did I miss the article on using the Zone for IF? If anyone can lead me to it for reading, I'd be appreciative.
im not sure if there is an article or not, but technically you can IF with any type of food choices and quantity. (however, it seems the ideal appraoch is to first tweak diet towards quality (i.e., paleo) and then add IF)

zone just tells you quantity, and IF is the timing. so try to get your block prescription in whatever is your eating window, which is ideally variable (e.g., some days 8 hrs, some 12, etc).

check out this -
http://www.performancemenu.com/wod/i...od&dailyID=140
Eva Claire Synkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 07:45 AM   #4
omar arvizu

theres some post here about Zone and IF as well as in Robb's blog.
Oh yeah... thanks for taking my question into consideration... BTW
omar arvizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 12:44 PM   #5
George Mounce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eva Claire Synkowski View Post
im not sure if there is an article or not, but technically you can IF with any type of food choices and quantity. (however, it seems the ideal appraoch is to first tweak diet towards quality (i.e., paleo) and then add IF)

zone just tells you quantity, and IF is the timing. so try to get your block prescription in whatever is your eating window, which is ideally variable (e.g., some days 8 hrs, some 12, etc).

check out this -
http://www.performancemenu.com/wod/i...od&dailyID=140
I'm up on both, was just wondering where the two are coming together for people. From my only 1 1/2 years of using myself as a guinea pig on this stuff, I find Zoning + IF (I tried it for one week - way too many carbs) works absolutely horrible for me. Rather just IF using Paleo choices. I track what I eat via www.fitday.com on occasion and it fluctuates some, but without measuring I'm almost always at around 2100 calories. Guess I've been doing it so long I'm already dialed in.
George Mounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 03:27 PM   #6
Daniel Olmstead

I have a hard time getting to 160g protein without going up to 2500 calories. Which isn't such a bad thing, but when trying to lose weight part of me says that 2000 would be preferable.

Omar, to answer your original question: yes. My performance has gone up since I started IF. Part of that may be that I'm carrying around less fat so bodyweight exercises are easier, and I'm still a relative beginner to Crossfit (~6 months) so my performance should be going up regardless, but I saw a noticeable spike in my conditioning after starting IF. I'm sold.
Daniel Olmstead is offline   Reply With Quote