Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Fitness, Strength & CrossFit

Old 09-30-2008, 08:50 PM   #21
David Tieu

omg all you parents are going to hell
and a fat mcdonalds mama is going to call child services on you all.
have a good day
David Tieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 04:43 AM   #22
Allen Yeh

Lately Connor has been doing a lot of farmers walks with the 8 kg and 12 kg KB's he has tried doing some swings with a 8# DB. It's great. I'll post the pics up later today.
Allen Yeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 07:32 AM   #23
Arden Cogar Jr.

I absolutely love this thread.

Here's my 11 year old playing with her 8kg AKC "Pinky" and doing some split snatches and real poor clean and jerks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWobSlSrP08

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbIwPCVWaG8

On the second video, that's my little body double wandering around flinging kettlebells.

All the best,
Arden
Arden Cogar Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 08:18 AM   #24
Derek Simonds

Really incredible Arden. Looks like everyone is having a great time with the KB's. I am going to need to get some of those AKC bells to get the kids accustomed to the size.

http://westvolusiawellness.com/
Derek Simonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 09:13 AM   #25
Arden Cogar Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Simonds View Post
Really incredible Arden. Looks like everyone is having a great time with the KB's. I am going to need to get some of those AKC bells to get the kids accustomed to the size.
My girls really like the pink bell. My wife hasn't gotten to play with it yet. The 12kg was a bit too heavy for her.

I got introduced to bell work about two years ago and have fallen in love with it because it doesn't require a whole bunch of "crap" to perform. The kids like them because most of the exercises are fairly easy to learn. My girls picked up the snatch and the LCCJ with a bell very easily. Whereas teaching them to barbell pull properly or barbell squat properly has been a horrendous struggle. If that makes any sense?

Something about the bell work is much easier to teach to my daughters. It looks more natural on them.

All the best,
Arden
Old 10-02-2008, 07:40 PM   #26
Jamila Bey

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tieu View Post
omg all you parents are going to hell
and a fat mcdonalds mama is going to call child services on you all.
have a good day
Here here! And that little girl, lifting all that heavy stuff, won't be able to have babies. Like when I was working towards a bodyweight bench press and got pregnant, clearly all that exercise wasn't good for me. And when that little girl grows up and she doesn't have osteoporosis or less muscle mass than she should- blame it on that dangerous heavy lifting she did as a child.

You bad parent you.

(Do those come in teething ring size?)
Jamila Bey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 08:08 AM   #27
Craig Snyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamila Bey View Post
Here here! And that little girl, lifting all that heavy stuff, won't be able to have babies. Like when I was working towards a bodyweight bench press and got pregnant, clearly all that exercise wasn't good for me. And when that little girl grows up and she doesn't have osteoporosis or less muscle mass than she should- blame it on that dangerous heavy lifting she did as a child.

You bad parent you.

That pink bell probably was Arden's teething ring.
Craig Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 12:40 PM   #28
Arden Cogar Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Snyder View Post
That pink bell probably was Arden's teething ring.
LOL.

Strangely I've heard comparable having to do with severed pieces of wood. I, and my daughters, get it honest.

All the best,
Arden
Old 10-03-2008, 12:43 PM   #29
Arden Cogar Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamila Bey View Post

You bad parent you.

LOL. It's kinda cool that they're into doing this stuff with me and wi Fit at the mother's. My eldest was telling me she was doing drop snatches/squats/OHS/split jerks/etc with a broom stick at her mother's and had to stop because she kept knocking stuff off the counters. As I'm told, she cleans the kitchen then does drill work on the hard tiled floor because it has the most "stable" surface in their home.

I'm blessed.

All the best,
Arden
Old 10-06-2008, 12:02 PM   #30
Allen Yeh

Here is a photo of Connor walking across the room with a 8kg KB.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (17.7 KB, 4 views)
Allen Yeh is offline   Reply With Quote