Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Other

Old 11-13-2008, 05:21 PM   #1
Donald Lee

Default Five Fingers Question

So I'm looking into purchasing a pair of Vibram Five Fingers. I was thinking of purchasing a pair of Flows, since winter is soon approaching. The problem is that they don't have my size in the blacks, and I don't want to walk around with the other hideous color. I went to a store and tried on a pair, so I know my size.

I live in socal, so it doesn't get too cold, but still cold enough. I am wondering whether it would be adviseable to just buy a pair of Sprints instead.

Also, can I just buy a pair of the female version in the same size?
Donald Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 02:38 PM   #2
Camille Lore

I've found that my KSOs are good to me down to about 40 degrees. After that, my feet start getting a little numb. My hands and feet are always cold, so this may vary a bit for you. I live in PA and will be buying a pair of Flows for winter.
Camille Lore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 08:32 PM   #3
Donald Lee

Sadly, they don't have the KSOs in my size either. Vibram is getting to be a real pain. Are there any other good companies with similar shoes?
Donald Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:26 AM   #4
Daniel Labuz

I wear my sprints with injinji socks down to 20 degrees (up to an hour or so running) and my feet are fine. I will probably be getting a pair of flows though since I will have to be running through snow very soon, forecast says it's 21 degrees out now but feels like 8, haha!

My feet do get numb while weight training in my garage which is usually a few degrees warmer than outside (last night it was around 25-30 degrees in there) and my toes were getting numb from just sitting down between sets, but if you're active with them on I would assume that your feet would stay warm for a lot longer.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:51 PM   #5
Camille Lore

I think my VFFs are pretty snug now. Did you find you were thinking about a size up with the socks? Or, are the socks pretty thin?
Come to think of it, there may be some room in mine.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:46 PM   #6
Daniel Labuz

Socks are pretty thin so I didn't need to size up at all, actually made the shoe fit a lot better in my opinion. But that maybe just because I have a weird shaped foot and my heel doesn't come close to filling the heel cup even though my toes are pretty tight.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:23 PM   #7
Camille Lore

Excellent. I may try the socks before I buy another pair.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:57 PM   #8
Camille Lore

Just wanted to add that I've found my VFF's are actually ok to wear into the low 30s without my feet getting extremely cold!
Good news for me.