Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Nutrition > Weight Gain, Weight Loss, Body Composition

Old 11-13-2009, 01:29 AM   #1
Miranda Sierra

Default Fat burning pills

Hi everyone! Im skeptical about and would like to know about your opinion about it, well i dont have the money to always eat healthy so I am considering taking fat burning pills, is this idea good for you or not? And does it really work?
Old 11-13-2009, 04:46 AM   #2
Allen Yeh

No these are a terrible idea, if you don't have the money to eat healthily then you should not even consider taking some pill. Diet is WAY more important than taking some pill.
Allen Yeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 08:36 AM   #3
Steven Low
Super Moderator

What's your diet and training look like?
Old 11-19-2009, 05:34 PM   #4
Sherry Lou

Default weight loss

Eat fruits and vegetables rich in fibers, vitamins and antioxidants. They fill up your stomach fast and are also low in calories and help to keep your calorie count low.
Sherry Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 08:19 PM   #5
Brian Stone

Back when I was in college and didn't know what the hell I was doing, I had success with them, but this was when they contained ephedra. I know several ppl that have taken the newer formulas and none of them have had any appreciable success outside of that gained from massive caffeine spikes (which have way bigger drawbacks IMO). Regardless, what little success I have seen has been in the accompanyment of a strict diet, which really begs the question...

*shrug* I don't recommend them.

log
Brian Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:26 AM   #6
Mike ODonnell

If you are not already losing weight from eating right and exercise, pills won't make up for that.

They can add a bump to increase results in a fractional amount (esp from the stubborn fat cells) in those that already are on their way, but should never be used to replace smart eating/exercise.

If you need energy for workouts, drink some tea....it's cheap.
Old 11-20-2009, 02:19 PM   #7
Derek Weaver

When you're talking about "eating healthy", are you talking "Paleo" or the need to just not eat fast food and candy?
Derek Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 11:48 AM   #8
Jamila Bey

I can only say that fat burners (without ephedrine) turned me manic and made my husband rightly threaten to institutionalize me.

I slept only 3 hours a night with them. I couldn't eat because they made me nervous. I sweat as profusely as a sumo running stairs, and my pulse on first waking was like 106 or something.

That's only what I noticed from four days of taking Hot Rox.
Jamila Bey is offline   Reply With Quote