Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Fitness, Strength & CrossFit

Old 02-07-2012, 01:13 PM   #11
Gareth Rees

I genuinely got very interested, and would be very tempted into buying it, tried to find it... And then noticed that it's not on the UK amazon

Looks impressive though, seriously well done
Old 02-07-2012, 01:41 PM   #12
Steven Low
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth Rees View Post
I genuinely got very interested, and would be very tempted into buying it, tried to find it... And then noticed that it's not on the UK amazon

Looks impressive though, seriously well done
Yeah, apparently our publisher doesn't have shipping places outside of the US at the moment.

You can buy it from Amazon.com from overseas although I don't know how much shipping will be. :\
Old 03-29-2012, 10:41 AM   #13
Grissim Connery

Lol even though I was one of the first responses, I was low on money at the time and totally forgot about this. I haven't been on here in a while, but now I'm excited. This would be a good change up for my routine. I've been stuck trying to get a one handed handstand for a while.
Grissim Connery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:06 PM   #14
Steven Low
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grissim Connery View Post
Lol even though I was one of the first responses, I was low on money at the time and totally forgot about this. I haven't been on here in a while, but now I'm excited. This would be a good change up for my routine. I've been stuck trying to get a one handed handstand for a while.
If you need any other help let me know!
Old 04-19-2012, 09:20 AM   #15
Matthew Lucas

I have become extremely fascinated about shoulder mobility, scapular strength, & wrist strength with regards to building some capacity for hand balancing. A former member of mine recently sent me a copy of this book and it has been great. Thanks for putting the time in to create such a useful resource. In combination with some of Ido's hand balancing drills, my handstand and some other basic gymnastic skills have dramatically improved in a pretty small amount of time.

Cheers!
Old 04-19-2012, 03:36 PM   #16
Steven Low
Super Moderator

You're welcome.

Spreading the word would help out if you know others that are interested.
Old 05-20-2012, 04:44 AM   #17
Gareth Rees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Low View Post
Yeah, apparently our publisher doesn't have shipping places outside of the US at the moment.

You can buy it from Amazon.com from overseas although I don't know how much shipping will be. :\
And now on Amazon in the UK too.....

I'll end up getting it some time soon for sure!
Old 05-21-2012, 08:01 AM   #18
Steven Low
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth Rees View Post
And now on Amazon in the UK too.....

I'll end up getting it some time soon for sure!
Yup, my publisher finally made it available on UK and European Amazons last week which is nice.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:27 PM   #19
brandon green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Low View Post
If you need any other help let me know!
How is this book different than Christopher Sommer's book ?
brandon green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:50 AM   #20
Troy Kerr

Brandon-

Steve's book is over 500 pages with 18 chapters covering everything from nutrition, lifestyle factors, programming, pre-hab/mobility, common bodyweight training injuries, as well as proper progressions for strength exercises. The most significant difference between the two books is that Steve's book explains how to perform each exercise correctly. For a movement like the front lever or planche this means Steve explains how to set up for the movement, proper scapula position for the movement, as well as proper muscular activation. He also goes into further detail to explain proper accessory movements to increase strength with each movement. OG also displays proper strength progression charts for every movement, as well as which exercises take higher priority in training.

Steves book explains every single detail in how to properly set up a strength training routine based on gymnastics exercises. Steve has always taken time to guide my training, and with receiving his book in December I am amazed at how far my training has progressed.

If you want to learn how to program and perform these exercises correctly, do yourself a favor and purchase this training guide.
Troy Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote