Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Nutrition > General Nutrition

Old 05-14-2007, 01:23 PM   #1
Ron Nelson

Default . . .and she thinks I'm crazy

OK, so the wife just announced to me that she is going to try one of these new "miracle diets" this week. It's the one where you fast for three days straight, drinking nothing but a concoction of water, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, and maple syrup. Our neighbor has done this "cleansing" ritual a couple of times with moderate success and another neighbor did it and claims to have lost 15 pounds.

This is the same wife who thinks I'm off my nut for doing IF, even though I now do much shorter fasts on the weekend to accommodate my family's schedule.

I'll have to see what I can find on the internets about this cleansing shit (pun most certainly intended) and post it here. Input welcome.

http://www.theartofdansilver.com/ron.html
Ron Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 01:36 PM   #2
Dave Van Skike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Nelson View Post
OK, so the wife just announced to me that she is going to try one of these new "miracle diets" this week. It's the one where you fast for three days straight, drinking nothing but a concoction of water, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, and maple syrup. Our neighbor has done this "cleansing" ritual a couple of times with moderate success and another neighbor did it and claims to have lost 15 pounds.

This is the same wife who thinks I'm off my nut for doing IF, even though I now do much shorter fasts on the weekend to accommodate my family's schedule.

I'll have to see what I can find on the internets about this cleansing shit (pun most certainly intended) and post it here. Input welcome.

I did one of those... sort of. ….Went to the Columbian Ecuadorian border, swam with crocs and pythons, drank Shaman potion, got amoebic dysentery,……almost died but I did lose 15 pounds in about a week......felt pretty unclean if you ask me.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:39 PM   #3
Yael Grauer

Ron, I believe it's called the Master Cleanser. That should help you with your research.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:10 PM   #4
Robert Allison

Although it has been around for years, the popularity of the Master Cleanser seems to be somewhat cyclical, like the 7 year locusts. Recently, it starting getting a lot of attention again after it was endorsed by Beyonce Knowles on Oprah.

She said it helped her lose weight for one of her movies (or something to that effect). Of course, after that, it started getting played up in the tabloids, etc.
Robert Allison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 02:19 PM   #5
Mike ODonnell

most people can't do that for a day in a half.....let alone 3 days....she will have absolutely no energy....

Nothing that is a quick fix is ever going to be the best thing.....especially if a fat talk show host or celebrity with no knowledge of anything but how to act tells you how great it is.....
Old 05-14-2007, 03:05 PM   #6
Yael Grauer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike ODonnell View Post
especially if a fat talk show host or celebrity with no knowledge of anything but how to act tells you how great it is.....
Oprah can act? That's news to me...
Old 05-14-2007, 03:24 PM   #7
Mike ODonnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yael Grauer View Post
Oprah can act? That's news to me...
That was a referral towards Beyonce.....or did I miss the sarcastic joke on that one? Ah well......Speaking of Oprah....how does her trainer who can't keep her skinny still have any street cred as a celebrity trainer?? Then again...how does Dr Phil have any cred.....maybe in Hollywood...the more cred you tell people you have...the more they will believe you....since most talk show attendees want to be told what to think....or probably resemble this...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Pbz29K_o_XI
Old 05-14-2007, 08:33 PM   #8
Ron Nelson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yael Grauer View Post
Ron, I believe it's called the Master Cleanser. That should help you with your research.
Yikes. I really like that name. On the docks I was a Master Baitor.
Turned out, so was everyone else.

MOD,
My bet is she lasts maybe 15 hours post wake-up. Then, she runs screaming to the fridge for dinner. Like I said, she's not sold on the IF and feels she can do this.

I really think the neighbor was lying out her ass when she bragged of a 15lb weight loss. She's no Beyonce. . .more Oprah.

http://www.theartofdansilver.com/ron.html
Ron Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 09:57 PM   #9
Yael Grauer

Tmi, Tmi...
Old 05-15-2007, 05:09 AM   #10
Allen Yeh

Do it with her, that way you can convert her to your ways eventually.
Allen Yeh is offline   Reply With Quote