To celebrate the 1 year anniversary of my workout log and my 1000th post here at this little slice of internet paradise I call my second home I thought I would list some of the things I have learned in the last year. Without further ado and in no particular order here they are.
1) Greg is a helluva a coach. I wouldn't be where I am today as a lifter if it wasn't for his patient tutelage. This really shows that a good coach is worth their weight in gold.
2) Longer met-cons are not necessarily better met-cons.
3) Body composition really is 90% diet.
4) Posting 1000 times doesn't make you an expert, but attending a certification seminar does make you a Coach.
5) Technique is great but strength is the determining factor. To quote John A. "More Front Squats".
6) You can continue to train even with a broken arm or a bum knee. Pick your exercises carefully.
7) You have to keep a workout log. I used to write down my workouts, but I never went back and looked at them. Now they are an integral part of my long term plan. I already have the next 3 weeks laid out and am looking forward to it.
8) Rest and recovery are critical especially when pushing hard (Bulgarian Cycle).
9) You can make some really good friends hanging around a place like this.
Feel free to add anything you have learned in the last year.