Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Nutrition > General Nutrition

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2008, 02:07 PM   #1
Allen Yeh
Senior Member
 
Allen Yeh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 4,245
Default A new article on IF by Alan Aragon and Ryan Zielonka

Despite the tragedy of the last thread that highlighted one of his articles in which it seemed people took things as well as got a bit personal. I thought this was a good article and I look forward to part 2.

http://www.elitefts.com/documents/in...nt_fasting.htm
__________________
"And for crying out loud. Don't go into the pain cave. I can't stress this enough. Your Totem Animal won't be in there to help you. You'll be on your own. The Pain Cave is for cowards.
Pain is your companion, don't go hide from it."
-Kelly Starrett
Allen Yeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 03:08 PM   #2
Mike ODonnell
Senior Member
 
Mike ODonnell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Yeh View Post
Despite the tragedy of the last thread that highlighted one of his articles in which it seemed people took things as well as got a bit personal. I thought this was a good article and I look forward to part 2.

http://www.elitefts.com/documents/in...nt_fasting.htm
I'll wait for part II.
__________________
Fitness Spotlight
The IF Life
Mike ODonnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 07:56 PM   #3
Nathan Sauve
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: ontario canada
Posts: 1
Default

If you'd rather not wait for part 2, the original publication of this article is here:

http://www.alanaragon.com/an-objecti...t-fasting.html

There may be updates in the version printed on EFS, i didn't check them 100%, but it looks like a pretty direct copy/paste.
Nathan Sauve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 10:21 PM   #4
Mike ODonnell
Senior Member
 
Mike ODonnell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Sauve View Post
If you'd rather not wait for part 2, the original publication of this article is here:

http://www.alanaragon.com/an-objecti...t-fasting.html

There may be updates in the version printed on EFS, i didn't check them 100%, but it looks like a pretty direct copy/paste.
ok so it's not a new article.....just the old one he did a while back. I think he has changed his mind since them after experimenting with it with his clients and seeing positive results.
__________________
Fitness Spotlight
The IF Life
Mike ODonnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 05:19 AM   #5
Allen Yeh
Senior Member
 
Allen Yeh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 4,245
Default

That article doesn't even seem similiar to the old one he did. Well everyone is entitled to change their opinion.
__________________
"And for crying out loud. Don't go into the pain cave. I can't stress this enough. Your Totem Animal won't be in there to help you. You'll be on your own. The Pain Cave is for cowards.
Pain is your companion, don't go hide from it."
-Kelly Starrett
Allen Yeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 08:49 AM   #6
Robert Allison
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 245
Default

Part II is up:

http://www.elitefts.com/documents/in...t_fasting2.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Yeh View Post
That article doesn't even seem similiar to the old one he did. Well everyone is entitled to change their opinion.
Yeah, just from memory, that was kind of my impression as well. Didn't Aragon have some kind of exchange with Robb and some others here on the board a while back?
Robert Allison is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.