Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Nutrition > Nutrition Logs

Old 08-07-2008, 12:32 PM   #1
Frank Needham

Default My food IS better than yours!!

There, I've thrown down the gauntlet. Pshaw to your breakfast and avocado logs I say. Now, show me what you've got. What food, condiment, etc. is it exactly that you call delightful enough to wax poetic about?

Without question nor argument, at the top of my food list is something that makes my mouth water every time: PESTO SAUCE
What a wonderful thing it truely is. When placed on a chilled salad (it has to be a tad warm to truely be presented properly) it tastes so fine that I find myself literally gorging on something so mundane as greens? If one of those little leafy buggers escapes my lips I find myself snatching it off the table in the hope that my taste sensation tingles yet awhile longer. If you happen to be so sheltered that you have not tried PESTO SAUCE that is truley sad, and you are without hope my friend. This should be mandatory eating flavor for anyone that considers themselves rightful of an epicurean excursion of heaven. Do not dare to quibble with me about the fact that this wonderful edible product has a some parmegian cheese sprinkled in it either.

You can't touch that.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:15 PM   #2
Yuen Sohn

Are there any rules? Can I post more than 1 food item? Can Cookiepuss count as a food item?
Yuen Sohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 03:33 PM   #3
Craig Brown

My favorite thing right now is a sauce made of Ponzu, rice vinegar, and olek sambal chili paste. Stir fry heaven.
Craig Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 05:00 PM   #4
Frank Needham

Yoon, you can do anything you like as far as I'm concerned. Cookiepuss included. But, just to humor me?us? and maybe create a livelier thread, it would probably be better to share one item at a time?
Old 08-07-2008, 05:03 PM   #5
Frank Needham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Brown View Post
My favorite thing right now is a sauce made of Ponzu, rice vinegar, and olek sambal chili paste. Stir fry heaven.
Sounds interesting but what do you stir fry in it? Anything you want? Maybe including a fav dish one uses their particular choice on would be a good idea.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:03 PM   #6
sarena kopciel

Just made some pesto today. And I dont add the cheese. Am also marinating some chicken thighs in pesto to grill tomorrow!
sarena kopciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 06:14 PM   #7
Paul McKirdy

My taste buds tonight were just introduced to duck fat... Haven't figured out how to describe it yet... <LayingBackInSeatDroolingInDelight/>
Paul McKirdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:24 PM   #8
Allen Yeh

grilled chicken breasts sliced thinly + gobs of pesto + virgin olive oil + pine nuts + parmesean cheese = awesomness
Allen Yeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 05:55 AM   #9
Frank Needham

Righteous, more pesto fans...goes on just about anything too. Being a snotty purist, I don't know if I can even handle the thought of it without parmegian. Oh well, the world's going to Hell anyway. What would one put duck fat on I wonder? I've tasted duck before but never just used the fat.
Old 08-08-2008, 05:59 AM   #10
Frank Needham

Here's another that I never tire of: smoked pork chops with Durkee Six Pepper Blend spice rub on them. These, if smoked, or just bbq'd for that matter can be so tender and juicy that control can be tenuous. I've eaten 3-4 at a sitting before realizing what I've done....