Default what does a cave man like you get postworkout

Jean-Patrick Millette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 04:51 PM   #2
Chris Salvato

whats your goals?
Chris Salvato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 07:21 PM   #3
Fenthis Glusos

nah, I eat more like a monkey than a caveman.

PWO usually some bananas, greens and a piece of meat the size of my palm - or rice/oatmeal with beans and sardines.

Bananas have more glucose than fructose in them - glucose good for restoring muscle glycogen.

As you can tell I don't fully subscribe to the "paleo diet" - some stuff you just have to experiment with yourself. What I take from it is to not have an agricultural-based diet and that's it.

I could NEVER give up things like peanuts. And I don't think people should either.

---- Also, as far as milk-drinking goes, why not just put a few scoops of plain yogurt into a cup, mix with water and drink. Great PWO drink imo.
Fenthis Glusos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 07:55 PM   #4
Grissim Connery

fruits are composed mainly of sugars. glucose can be taken into cells and formed into glucose-6-phosphate. it then can be converted to glucose-1-phosphate. it then is converted to UDP-glucose, whereby it then is then converted and added to a glycogen chain.
the fructose in fruit has to take a different pathway, but it can eventually become glycogen as well.

fruits are a dandy source of nutrients and carbs. eat them up after your work out
Grissim Connery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:01 PM   #5
Jean-Patrick Millette

Jean-Patrick Millette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 12:38 AM   #6
Chris Salvato

if you dont want to put on weight, u can either fast through your PWO mealtime or you may want to consider eating a carb-restricted meal...like lean meat with nuts, some veggies and olive oil...

Quote:
CONCLUSION: Limiting carbohydrate, but not energy intake after exercise (carbohydrate deficit) resulted in increased non-oxidative glucose disposal, decreased carbohydrate oxidation and increased fat oxidation during the glucose infusion, compared to baseline, indicating a favorable shift in energy metabolism. Creating a carbohydrate deficit, by withholding expended carbohydrate but not energy following exercise may be a sensible strategy to promote favorable gains in insulin action that requires further evaluation.
If you want to put on weight, then you should be pretty much eating anything paleo you can get your hands on.
Chris Salvato is offline   Reply With Quote