8-Week General Cycle
This is an 8-week cycle using 3-position snatches and cleans, power snatches and power cleans, and plenty of pulls, squats and classic snatch and clean & jerk.
"Snatch went from 100kg to 110kg, squat went from 160kg to 180kg. Have not retested my front squat yet but my old 1rm was 145kg and this week I hit 150kg for a double. My deadlift also went from 192.5kg to 205kg. Over all I have had some great strength gains, and my technique and stability, in c&j and snatch has improved tenfold."
"I'm finishing up week 7/8 and I have hit some amazing PRs already. My previous 1rm c&j was 275#. I just hit 285# on Wednesday for a 2+1."
"Did this program and went from an ugly 175 lbs snatch to a solid 200 lbs, and from a shaky 245 C&J to a crisp, almost easy 265 lbs. Fantastic content on this site! Thanks!"
- Jason M.
"Snatch went up 30lbs, C&J went up 30lbs, Back Squat went up 40lbs, and Front Squat went up 50lbs."
- Matthew M.
"My snatch went from 85 to 90 and the CJ from 105 to 115kg easily. My back SQ from 145kg to 150."
- Jorge E.
"My back squat went from 85 kg to 95 kg( tested 2 days ago) frontsquat from approximately 73 to 80 kg. My clean went from 54 to 65 kg, powerclean from 64 to 68 kg. Jerk from 65 to 70 kg. Clean & jerk total from 57kg to 68 kg. Snatch went from 45 to 51 kg. Ohs from 58 to 69 kg."
- Filippa A.
"This was my first Catalyst program and I am 100% sold. I have done other programs in the past and nothing has come close."
- Brian C.
"Back squat from 145 to 157,5, clean 125 to 130, overhead squat 107,5 to 115. power clean 115 to 117,5. did not tested my Snatch but i did a power snatch with 90 (old power snatch was 85)."
- Anil A.
"Went from 70kg Snatch to 85kg; 95kg C&J to 113kg; 160kg Back Squat to 165kg; 130kg Front Squat to 145kg."
- Alex S.
- CrossFitters or other athletes who want to emphasize strength and weightlifting temporarily while not losing a lot of conditioning
- Beginning to intermediate lifters
- Some days have conditioning work - this is optional and only for those who want to maintain conditioning for activities/sports other than weightlifting during the cycle
- If you're a newer lifter, your 1RMs are likely not accurate, and you may have to adjust the prescribed weights up if they feel too easy
Register for Instant Access
Our weightlifting training programs are currently used by 85,493 athletes around the world! Register
to join them with a free
Register Now Login
- 60 different training programs with new ones added regularly
- Guaranteed response to posted questions from a coach
- Programs available in web, text and Excel spreadsheet format
- Free account: Access to daily workouts and free programs
- Premium account: Access to all programs - only $15/month!
- DOES NOT include app access; purchase directly from app