Morons, Cheap Beer & Thinking Too Much: Intelligence & Weightlifting
I think we can all agree that it’s not cool to make fun of people who are mentally handicapped, right? That’s probably a safe assumption. Ridiculing someone who has a l... Continue reading
A Weightlifting Lesson From Miley Cyrus: Aging in the Sport
A few days ago, Miley Cyrus got on the Today Show and told Matt Lauer that people are no longer sexual after they turn 40.
I think this is bad news for a lot of us, especially w... Continue reading
Snatches And Love
I went to the Catalyst Athletics forum recently and checked it out. Nine of the first eleven topics I saw were directly related to snatching.
So it’s the snatch, huh? That’s what many of you are obsessing about these days? Jeez, how surprising. ... Continue reading
Teasing and Weightlifting ( Not What You Think )
When I was in the eighth grade, one of the hottest girls in school used to flirt with me all the time. It didn’t make any sense to me because I was fat, I wore the same Motle... Continue reading
Simple Keys for Weightlifting Success
I have noticed over the years that people really try to make this sport much more difficult than it is. Now, don’t get me wrong, this sport by itself is a pain in the ass; however, people then try and complicate it even more by adding things to it.
So... Continue reading
What the #@%! just happened? Reasons for Poor Performances in Weightlifting
Let me tell you about a little conversation I had recently. This is an exchange between me and one of the gals I coach after she attempted a heavy snatch and missed it.
Me: &ldq... Continue reading
10 Things New WOMEN Weightlifters Should Know
1. Lift with other girls. Lifting with men is motivating; however, they just don’t understand certain things. Such as why we act crazy in the gym. Only girls can understand w... Continue reading
10 More Things New Weightlifters Should Know
1. More isn’t always better, it’s just more.
2. After a PR, you get 24 hours to enjoy it. Then get your ass back to work. If you are anything like me, sleeping that night will be hard.
3. If you feel great full lifts, if you feel a bit off th... Continue reading
Something We Learned At The Olympics: Big Goals
Hopefully, you all got to watch a lot of weightlifting action at the Olympics over the last couple of weeks. NBCOlympics.com is like a gift from the heavens, showing complete repla... Continue reading
10 Things All New Weightlifters Should Know
1. Learn the correct terms. Snatch, Clean and Jerk. Then learn Power Snatch, Power Clean and Power Jerk. Then keep going until you can name every lift on Greg’s video showcase with out notes.
2. Learn kilos. I am at the point where I convert pounds to... Continue reading